No two people are alike. Our bespoke treatment plans are as individual as the people we serve. We treat a myriad of conditions with a primary emphasis on substance use disorders. At Urban Recovery, we address underlying anxiety, depression, and trauma through our therapies and services. Our new facility, just steps from Brooklyn’s waterfront, offers a level of comfort, compassion and privacy that our clientele deserves.
We are dedicated to setting a standard for wellness that works through our therapies and services.
Levels of Service Care
- Around-the-clock nursing care
- High staff to client ratio
- Medically supervised detoxification
- Psychiatric and psychological assessments
- Collaboration with treatment providers
- Research and evidence-based therapies such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness Based Relapse Prevention (MBRP), and Family and Relational Enhancement
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) when indicated
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Nutritional assessment and guidance
- Wellness services including massage, Tai Chi, acupressure, yoga, Pilates
- Spiritual practices and observance adapted to individual needs and preferences
The Process at Urban Recovery
In the beginning, you will develop a 10-day assessment plan with our team of professionals to determine the severity of the addiction. From there, we will work with you to determine whether is is best to stay for 35 days to 90 days. Our medical staff will lower the dosage of the substance and you will experience a withdrawal period.
At UR, we provide round-the-clock medical supervision during the initial tapering process and coordinate a reasoned and conservative treatment plan with your trusted practitioners to allow for the least amount of discomfort and risk in completing a taper post-discharge.
Once you are feeling functional, you will then work with our therapists to determine the root cause of the addiction. From there, you will begin working on yourself, accepting your flaws and looking forward to a brighter future without the substance. We will also integrate your family in providing them the education they need to be supportive.
While you are with us, our experienced clinicians facilitate alternative coping skills for stress and anxiety that work from the inside-out to build confidence and empowerment. You are not your addiction and our team of medical staff will ensure that you are ready before heading back to your normal life.