So, I’ve made the decision to go to Urban Recovery for treatment.
What do I need to bring with me when I arrive?
The following recommendations can make the admission process go smoothly and your stay at UR be as comfortable as possible:
- Please bring a recent and updated list of the medications you currently take. Bring the original medication bottles, if possible.
- Please bring in any current medical records you might have from a recent hospital stay as well as the names of your current medical providers and caregivers (i.e., your psychiatrist, psychologist, therapist, primary care physician, or nurse practitioner).
- Don’t forget seasonally appropriate clothing. UR offers many immersive experiences, and we’re out and about often so you’ll want to be covered no matter what season we experience in NYC. Plus, UR is steps from the Brooklyn waterfront and the winds it brings, so a wrap or light sweater for evenings on our rooftop and a hat for sun protection when you’re outside are sure to come in handy.
- Please pack 1-2 weeks of comfortable casual clothing with accompanying undergarments for each day. We ask you to refrain from packing clothing that portrays any messaging or language that could be offensive or that advertises or glorifies drugs and alcohol. Comfortable walking shoes or boots, and exercise shoes/running shoes or sneakers are a must.
- Don’t forget night clothes/comfy clothes and a cover-up robe for your room, and lounge areas.
- We do go out for evening or weekend events that might require business casual attire or a collared shirt, so you might want to include these in your suitcase.
- Please bring some comfortable clothing for fitness training, yoga, massage, acupuncture, etc.
- Feel free to bring your body/face skincare, shampoo, toothpaste or soap products along with your personal toiletries. We do ask you to refrain from using any toiletries, perfume and hair products that contain alcohol, and don’t forget your toothbrush.
- Remember, there’s not a lot of need for money while you’re in treatment. We generally recommend no more than $200.00 in cash for your stay.
- Phones and computers are part of your care while at Urban Recovery. You’ll work with your therapist to decide when you can use these electronics during the day with your customized schedule.
It’s good to know that if you forget something, your therapist will work with you to order it online or get it locally. And, while we do have laundry services on the premises, we can arrange to have your dry cleaning done off campus if that’s what you’d prefer.
One final note: We have wonderful in-house chefs, so there’s not a need for food or beverages to be packed with you. We can customize your culinary experience and dietary needs after we establish a list of personal allergies, likes and dislikes.